I lead a wide range of workshops for Unitarian Universalist on topics related to congregational growth, outreach, media, and innovation. See topics below.
This includes programming for:
- UUMA, LREDA, UU Membership Professionals, and other chapter groups
- National, regional and other conferences
- Camps and conference centers
- Programming for individual congregations
- Staff Trainings
- Volunteer Training
- Congregational Retreats
- Teacher Enrichment Programs
- Also see my Online Courses and remote coaching.
Ready to discuss a program? Please contact me with some basic information including the organization, your role, date or date options, and programming need. I’ll promptly reply with a scheduling link you may use to pick a time for our call.
All things Social Media
I have been at the forefront of Unitarian Universalist social media from, well, the start of social media! I offer programming on strategy, trends, and platform specific skill training.
- Facebook Pages for Congregations
- Facebook Advertising Campaigns
- Twitter for Religious Leaders
- Twitter for activism!
- Blogging for Religious Professionals
- Mobile Video Production
- Live Video Streaming (Periscope, Facebook, etc…)
- Social Media Skill Training
- Social Media Strategy Sessions
- Developing Congregational Social Media Plans / Schedules
- Social Media Team Development and Coordination
All Things Digital Culture
Related to social media are topics related to our changing digital culture. Separate from skill training workshops, I offer programs exploring the larger cultural issues, trends, and implications of digital culture on our ministry.
- Trends in Social Media, Technology and Digital Culture
- Understanding the DIGITAL Search for Truth and Meaning
- Religious leadership in an Open Source Culture
- Digital Culture and Spiritual Parenting
- Ministry in a Collaborative Digitally Network Society
- Ministry in the Age of Cyborgs (Smartphone Connected People)
All Things Membership Development
A critical part of growing a congregation is knowing what to do when people show up, how to meet and greet them, and how to quickly connect them with people in your community.
- Greeting and Hospitality
- Greeter Training
- Social Media for Membership Growth
- Small Group Ministry for Membership Growth
- Designing Connecting Events
- Mystery Visitor Services
All Things Small Group Ministry
- I co-founded the UU Small Group Ministry Network in 2004 and have been a leader in promoting and supporting Small Group Ministry and Covenant Groups across our association.
- Designing and Implementing a Small Group Ministry Program
- Small Group Growth Models
- To Grow Larger, You Must Grow Smaller
- Training for Clergy
- Small Group Facilitator Training
- Small Group Ministry for Religious Education
- Advanced Topics
Innovation and Entrepreneurial Ministry
I’ve been working as an independent Unitarian Universalist ministry innovator, change agent, coach and consultant for over a decade and have coached a growing number of UU’s leading innovative ministry projects. While I tend to do more personal coaching in this area, I periodically offer trainings for teams associated with entrepreneurial ministry projects.
- Personal Branding for Entrepreneurial Ministers
- Social Media and Communication Training for Project Teams
- Ministry Crowdfunding Strategies
Climate Change and Climate Justice
I spent my 2014 sabbatical studying climate change, climate justice, and how to get involved with Unitarian Universalist climate justice efforts. This was primarily my effort to figure out how I personally could use my discretionary time and skills to have the greatest impact.
In the end, I chose to work with internationally recognized climate activist (and Unitarian Universalist) Tim DeChristopher. I worked with Tim for two years, including during the launch of the Climate Disobedience Center. Though it is not my primary work with our congregations, engaging UUs in climate justice is of great importance to me.
Our reality is that all parish ministry now must be addressing climate trauma & depression. One of the best ways to do this is to kick some serious ### for climate justice! And I’m great at getting people educated, excited, and taking action.
- Mobilizing UUs for climate justice!
- Talking to Children about Climate Change
- Integrating Climate Justice into RE programming
- Building Resilience Through Story (Sermons & Messages for All Ages)
Not Too Distant Future Themes
For a long time futurists were people who thought about and discussed the way distant future. Today, change is happening so fast, we are all challenged to be futurists. Congregations are the ideal place to explore the spiritual, moral, and ethical issues raised by our technology. I welcome all opportunities to engage UUs in discussion of not too distant futurism themes.
- Exploring ministry implications of robots and artificial intelligence
If you don’t see a topic you’re interested in or were hoping for, please contact me with some basic information about your programming hopes and needs including the organization and your role. Have an ideas for a program that you’d love to see me offer (even if you aren’t ready to schedule it), I’d love to hear from you.